- A. GENERAL
- B. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
- C. HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION
- D. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- E. CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
B. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US:
1. Information You Provide to Us
- Much of the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from guests who are interested in obtaining various products and services from us. Typically, this information includes the guest's name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services, In the course of these various offerings. We may also collect other types of information such as gender, age, number of children, and personal interests, which we may associate with personally identifiable information. If you purchase products or services from us, we will note, for example, credit card information, the type of services or products ordered or purchased, and the date of the order or purchase. We collect personal information when you register on, log on, or visit our Web sites, including when you participate in activities on our Websites, such as sweepstakes, contests, games and promotional offers.
- At some stage in this site, you may also submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to share an article / story OR you might submit the recipient's name and address, if you are sending a product /gift directly to that person.
- At certain parts of some of our sites, only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to avail of special offers, to order products, programs, and services or otherwise participate in the site's activities and offerings. The Information so provided shall be completely voluntary.
- We make chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message boards and other services available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone.
- If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- We are the sole owners of your information collected by us at several different points on our Website.
2. Information Collected Through Technology
- We collect information through technology to make our sites more interesting and useful to you. For instance, when you come to one of our sites we collect your IP address. An IP address is often associated with the portal through which you enter the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone your IP address is not personally identifiable. We also may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our sites. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information.
- Our Websites use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of Websites. We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our Websites, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Web sites. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send our guests to determine whether our guests have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
- We, our service providers, advertisers and affiliates may collect various types of non-personally identifiable information when you visit any of our sites. A list representing the types of non-personally identifiable information we may collect include: current Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using , the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider , the web pages you have visited, sites visited before and after you visit our site, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the site, location information, the content you have accessed and the advertisements you have been shown and/or clicked on.
3. Information That We Collect from Others
- We may supplement personally identifiable information that we have collected directly from our guests with other information that we obtain from third parties and other members / affiliates of BMPL.
C. HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION
BMPL may use your personally identifiable information in many ways, including sending you promotional materials, and sharing your information with third parties so that these third parties can send you promotional materials. (By "promotional materials," we mean communications that directly promote the use of our Web sites, or the purchase of products or services.)
- 1. BMPL, Licensees and Co-Branding Participants
- In addition to using your personal information within BMPL, BMPL, may share your personal information with companies that offer products and/or services under brand names of BMPL. These companies are called "licensees." For example, a company that publishes and sells books under the " BMPL." brand would be such a licensee.
- BMPL may also share your information with companies that offer products and/or services that are co-branded using brand names of BMPL.
- When BMPL shares personal information with third parties acting as licensees and co-branding participants, these licensees and co-branding participants are restricted by contract from using the personal information for any marketing or promotional purpose that is not related to a licensed or co-branded product or service.
2. Third Parties Offering Promotions, Products, or Services
- BMPL may share your personal information with selected third parties so that they can send you promotional materials about goods and services (including special offers and promotions) offered by them. When sharing your information for promotional purposes, BMPL attempts to select only reputable companies that offer high quality products and services.
- Moreover, BMPL will not share your e-mail address with third parties for promotional purposes, except when you consent to such sharing in the course of your participation in a Sponsored Activity.
- BMP Ltd may disclose personally identifiable information to third parties whose practices are not covered by this privacy statement (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations) that want to market products or services to you.
- In addition to the promotional sharing that is subject to your choices BMPL may also share your information when you engage in certain activities on our sites that are sponsored by third parties, such as purchasing products or services offered by a third party, electing to receive information or communications from a third party, or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, games or other programs sponsored in whole or in part by a third party.
- BMPL may also share your personal information when you respond to promotional materials from BMPL and authorize a third party to use your personal information for purposes such as, for example, sending you additional promotional materials, providing you a product or service, or entering you in a contest, sweepstakes or game. (We refer to all of these activities and requests as "Sponsored Activities.") When you participate in Sponsored Activities, you will either be required or requested to agree that the sponsor or business associate may use your personal information (including, in some cases, your e-mail address) in accordance with the sponsor or business associate's privacy practices.
3. Companies That Facilitate Communications and Transactions with You
- Sometimes BMPL hires companies to help deliver products or services, like a shipping company that delivers a package or a company that helps fulfill prizes. In those instances, there is a need to share your information with these companies.
4. Companies That You Previously Authorized to Obtain Your Information
- In certain circumstances, your dealings with a third party may have authorized that third party to obtain your personal information from BMPL and to use that information in accordance with the third party's own privacy practices and policies. For example, in using an online shopping service (such as the shopping services offered by Internet portals that refer the portal's users to third-party merchants), you may have authorized that shopping service to obtain from the service's participating third-party merchants (including BMPL) information about your purchases conducted through the shopping service.
5. Purchase or Sale of Businesses
- From time to time, we may purchase a business or sell one or more of our businesses and your personally identifiable information may be transferred as a part of the purchase or sale.
6. Disclosures Required By Law and Disclosures to Help Protect the Security and Safety of Our Web Sites, BMPL. and Others
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you, to enforce the legal terms that govern your use of our sites, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the information.
- We may sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account with us.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We may use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- If you choose to submit content for publication (e.g., a letter to our editors, comments sent to our television personalities, a posting to a blog or a discussion board, a video), we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us.
- We may on occasion combine information we collect through our sites with information that we collect from other sources .We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our sites, to deliver more relevant marketing messages and advertisements and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyze usage of our sites, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- Some of our sites contain links to or integrations with other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc., whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
- We also use the services of reputable third parties to provide us with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement, and site analytics, as well as to assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit or set their own cookies. We, our third party service providers, advertisers and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this privacy statement.
- Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy statement.
D. CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT THE COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- BMPL provides guests with the opportunity of deciding whether to receive unsolicited communications from BMPL and share personal information. This applies to information sent to Third Parties for promotions, products, and/or services unrelated to a specific transaction and information shared with BMPL, licensees, co-branding participants, and others from time to time. You may make this decision when you first register on the Website and you may change your decision at any time by visiting the website and following the required instructions for change
- This decision to receive communications or share information will not apply to information shared with companies that facilitate communications and transactions with you, information shared with companies that you previously authorized to obtain your information, information transferred as part of the purchase or sale of businesses, information used by the BMPL for Operational Uses or Non-Registered Transactions (as defined above), disclosures required by law, or disclosures to help protect the security and safety of our websites.
E. CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
- Access to personally identifiable information that is collected from our sites and that we maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our site, you can access that account to review the information you provided.
- BMPL provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers here
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.